Before I get into today, a little adjustment to the last post- I no longer have any three year olds in class, which is just fine with me. I am mostly working with the 6 and 7 year olds, twice a week I have five year olds, and once I'm with the four year olds. The kids still like me, and I still like them. I learn new compliments about myself almost every day- it's really a bit bizarre how complimentary the children are, but I guess that's just the culture. I won't complain. If they want to tell me how cool my nail polish is and how much they missed me since last class, so be it!
The strangest part about my Spanish schedule is definitely the amount of breaks that they have. I don't know if I'll ever feel normal enjoying a 2 hour lunch, but we'll see what eventually happens. One day this week I went to a nearby (ish) park with the two other auxiliares at my school to enjoy some of this break-time outside. There is only so much time I can spend checking my nonexistant emails.
It was a cool park with sculpture/installations and some nice grassy spots in the shade where I ate my lunch.
Today, I went wandering the streets with my roommate, Ester (Swedish!) and we walked into Instituto Cervantes which has free art exhibits in it. Right now there is one about young artists and I loved it, plus it's free.
Ester & the artwork
Me & Fotos
We later met up with Justine and Nathalia and went back to Cervantes at night for a free alternative music concert, so that was fun. Having a mini-weekend in the middle of your week is always a good thing. I have to go to work tomorrow, and then it's weekend time!
I love weekend time. Actually, I think I love almost everything about everything right now. Keep you posted- A




No comments:
Post a Comment