Madrid is starting to surprise me more and more each day. I was initially not sure if I'd love it here like I loved being in Barcelona, but it's already starting to happen and it's only week 2. I'm getting used to the pace of things around here, which will slightly change when I start working, but I'm excited for it. The general idea seems to be that slow and steady wins the race, and that's just fine with me. Two hour lunches, one hour cups of coffee, "we'll get to your paperwork when we get to it" (haha...)- and it's shaping up to be a wonderful year.
Strolling
My favorite thing to do for now, I think, it to walk around aimlessly... but I doubt it will be for long. By doing that, however, I landed upon a sweet vintage shop and got myself a shirt, so there's that. I could walk around all day just exploring. My legs are about to get real strong.
Fire lady
By night, there's a huge variety of people out and about- even babies? Don't ask. But really, there are always a ton of babies. I love them. I make all sorts of eye contact with them that I'm not supposed to be making with their parents, because here in Madrid, if you look at someone and smile on the street- you may get an eyebrow-raise in return. Oh well.
I've been meeting a lot of interesting people- both Spanish and otherwise, and I'm intrigued by how many different faces I'm going to encounter on this trip. I'm enjoying Spanish wine among other things, and a very nice grandpa helped me pick some out for 30-45 minutes at the market the other day. He gave good advice. Although he looked at me twice when I said I also wanted a bottle of white wine. I get it, we're in the land of the tintos.
Beer here is... okay, but I already knew that. I don't think Mahou will every be my favorite, but I'm sure one day it'll hold a special place in my heart- kind of like Estrella Damm does (because it reminds me of last summer). Either way, I've had the pleasure of having pretty good beers on two separate occasions at German or Belgian bars and that was pretty exciting. Last night I ordered half a liter of beer by mistake, whoops. It's not like I didn't drink it, though.
Mmmm (clearly not the half liter)



No comments:
Post a Comment